TriZPUG February 2004 Meeting: Building web applications with Zope and Flash (an adventure)
We will be meeting in the DELTA conference room(s) at Venture III, who has kindly permitted us to use their meeting room, on NCSU's Centennial Campus. Directions to Venture III are below. This month, Jim Allman will be giving a talk about Zope and Flash.
Hope to see you there!
Title: Building web applications with Zope and Flash (an adventure)
We'll be discussing the challenges and opportunities in building rich internet apps with Flash with Zope, using an example web application currently under development. Topics will include:
- Tips for application design (what's a movie for?)
- Passing data from client to server using XML-RPC
- Managing the browser cache (it's your worst enemy, and your best friend)
- Debugging tools and tips
- Adding a server-side Python module for application-specific logic
- Overcoming quirks in the Flash Player (problems with Content-Type, mangled XML, arrgh)
Directions to the TriZPUG meeting:
Try the following links if you need directions to NCSU's Centennial Campus or directions to the Venture III building, but skip step #3 since the meeting is after hours.