Girl Develop It! Introduction to Python
Join GDIRDU for the first Introduction to Python class! During this 4-session class you will explore the basic components of programming with Python: using the Python interactive shell, functions/loops/conditionals, data structures and object oriented and functional programming. A mix of lecture and practice helps guide you through the coursework.
You will spend part of the workshop setting up a development environment, so there's no need to install software ahead of time. Just bring your laptop and come prepared to write your first lines of Python code.
Please note that this is a four part class. Session dates and lessons are:
- Class 1, First steps for programming using the Python shell
- Tuesday, June 25, 7:00-9:00 PM
- Class 2, Structured programming - Functions, loops, and conditionals
- Tuesday, July 2, 7:00-9:00 PM
- Class 3, Python data structures and other essential built-ins
- Tuesday, July 9, 7:00-9:00 PM
- Class 4, Higher level abstractions using object oriented and functional programming
- Tuesday, July 16, 7:00-9:00 PM
Your payment to GDIRDU of $80 guarantees your seat in the entire course. If something changes after registration and you cannot attend the course, you must notify GDIRDU at least 3 days before the first class to receive a refund. If you have to miss a class, GDIRDU will provide code from class and any slides. But partial refunds based on individual class absences are not offered.